cherry closet wall
I built this closet wall for a friend a couple of years ago. This followed a complete kitchen I'd built for her using birch. All the material came from dead or storm damaged cherry I'd harvested from my woods and milled myself.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh! Man! That's nice! Good job.
Beautiful! Perhaps the Walnut(and sometimes Cherry) Guy?
Would love to see that in a couple of years as the cherry ages! Nice job.

Reminds me of the "schranks" in Germany when I was stationed there way back when. Germans taxed you for how many rooms were in your home, so nobody had 4-walled closets like in the US. So they would buy these cabinets - schranks - to store stuff. Given the German language's propensity to avoid making up new words, a refrigerator in German is a kuhlenshcrank - literally "cooling cabinet."
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Quite the perfect wall transformation. Looks awesome!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Much nicer to look at than a door(s)!
Looks great.  That had to be quite the project.
Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.
John
It's beautiful! Did you build it as separate boxes and install them like a kitchen or was it built in place?
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
The cabinet wall was built as six "boxes". three lower, three upper.  The center section is configured with a hanging rail, the two end sections have full-extension drawers in the lower section, shelves in the upper section. The customer's home is about 50 miles away, and the lower cabinets were too large to fit in my van. The customer rented an enclosed trailer, which turned out not to be tall enough for the lower sections to stand upright, so they had to make three trips to haul the cabinets home, and then the customer did the actual installation. The nightstand in the picture is one of a pair that I made.