Delta 37-280 Height Adjustment
Height adjustment knob doesn't do anything.

How is the adjustment knob attached to the adjustment screw. The manual shows a setscrew but it is not present. The original knob is setting on top of the infeed table in the second photo.

My fix was to replace the knob with a pair of nuts jammed together. I am able to make the adjustment.

I know this is not the best jointer out there but the price was right and it does a decent job on shorter boards. The fence has to be checked often.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Remove one of the jamb nuts. Use the knob for the second jamb nut. Also red loctite on the threads will take the place of the set screw. 
Make sure the threads are clean, both the knob internal threads and the threaded stud. Brush thinner or acetone on both. Let it dry then apply loctite. This is a belt and suspender approach, it will work.
mike
I think you’re missing the orig. adjustment screw.  That’s why you don’t see a hole for a set screw.