History Channel: Power Tool Showdown
Video 
I love power tools
Big Grin ... and history
Yes ... and documentaries
Smile .   Finding something that checks all three boxes is for me- a winner!  Recently I came across this from the History Channel: 
     "The Machines that built America (Season 1, Episode 6) Power Tool Showdown":  At the dawn of the 20th century, America is transforming from a primitive agrarian society to a modern Mecca of technology, mass production and automation. Factories are stocked full of machines that require maintenance from new tools. With a growing need for speed and efficiency, a few visionary companies--Black and Decker, Milwaukee, DeWalt--create the power tools that revolutionize how America is built, and how many Americans spend their weekends now."

It has commercial interruptions, but as of now is free to watch (and well worth it I might add). I think I might even have a few of those tools laying around! Here's the link:  https://play.history.com/shows/the-machi.../episode-6
Carpe Ductum (Seize the Tape)
There is no obstacle that cannot be overcome with the proper application of High Explosives.
Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.
What a fun show. It was pretty much all new information to me. Thanks for sharing.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Thank You, that was very much worth watching. The advertisements on it were a PIA though.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I watched that a few weeks ago when it premiered on the History Channel.  I didn't realize how early Milwaukee was in the power tool game.

I generally like their "Built America" series.  I suspect they take some liberties with actual history, but they are interesting and entertaining.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?