Good day at the estate sale
Arrived early to get a good place in line at an estate sale at a really nice shop. Power equipment included Sawstop, Jet, and lots of Festool items. I was 4th in line and the first 3 were going for big equipment. I was going for the more portable tools. I’ll leave out the power tool from finds since this is the hand tool forum.

The hand tools were really nice also. The Lie Nielsen planes were priced close to retail, so I passed on those, but did find some deals, including my next bench build. Items included Lie Nielsen drawbore pins, New Concept fret saw, Veritas hold down, and the complete kit for a Benchcrafted Roubo workbench. The kit is from 2009, which predated the upgraded scissors design for the leg vise. Benchcrafted sells those separately, so I need to decide if I want to add that.

The irony was that the first time I saw and tested a Benchcrafted workbench was at Working In America conference in 2009. I wanted the kit, but didn’t feel I could spend the money at the time. All these years later, I found a kit and it’s dated from 2009.

[Image: full]
John
Great story on the bench.

Based on the title, I will say:
you suck
Winkgrin

Inquiring minds would like to know about your power tool score.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.