Felder PCS -- Preventative Contact System
Interesting announcement from Felder:

Felder PCS

Apparently NOT the same as SawStop's system as this is detecting a small zone in front/around the blade and not using a brake which slams into the blade.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
<p>Pretty old news. The official announcement came out more than a year ago, and the technology was first shared in social media in 2019.</p><p><br></p><p>Simon</p>
(09-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: <p>Pretty old news. The official announcement came out more than a year ago, and the technology was first shared in social media in 2019.</p><p><br></p><p>Simon</p>

Yes. Many of the early announcements from Felder had caveats on the release date. From what I'm seeing, those caveats are removed now and things are on track to ship in 2021.

The earliest of the SawStop patents were going to be expiring in August 2021 (last month) unless extensions (2024) were granted.

Felder has begun pushing out new posts and updating web pages for the PCS recently.

Edit to add, why did the automagic post editor change "o n  t r a c k  t o  s h i p" (added spaces to get it to show up) to a bunch of asterisks?
<p>Well, it's news to me....thanks. I don't get my info from social media so I'm always in the dark, I guess.<br></p>
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
<p>Don't hold your breath about getting this for your home shop.</p><p><br></p><p>It's will be an option on Felder's largest and most expensive saws only.<br></p>
(09-24-2021, 11:17 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: <p>Don't hold your breath about getting this for your home shop.</p><p><br></p><p>It's will be an option on Felder's largest and most expensive saws only.<br></p>

Appears to be just the Format 4 Kappa 550 series now.
<p>Fredhargis,</p><p><br></p><p>Woodley forum is actually part of the social media.</p><p><br></p><p>Simon</p>
(09-24-2021, 05:10 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: <p>Fredhargis,</p><p><br></p><p>Woodley forum is actually part of the social media.</p><p><br></p><p>Simon</p>

More like anti-social media. 
Laugh
deleted.................
<p>
(09-24-2021, 11:17 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: </p><p>Don't hold your breath about getting this for your home shop.</p><p><br></p><p>It's will be an option on Felder's largest and most expensive saws only.<br></p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>A buddy of mine saw a demo in person, and asked about the roll-out of the technology to the Hammer series. The answer was a no for the near future. <br></p><p><br></p><p>Some slider saw owners believe their saws are safe enough. Obviously, Felder doesn't think so -- esp in a production environment.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Simon<br></p>