Felder PCS -- Preventative Contact System
I read about that a few years ago. Looks exciting to me but is going to cost like a Truck! Well the old price of a new truck anyway LOL. Glad you guys can all afford a $70K truck lol! Hope you are all doing well and safe.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(09-25-2021, 10:40 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: <p>
</p><p><br></p><p>A buddy of mine saw a demo in person, and asked about the roll-out of the technology to the Hammer series. The answer was a no for the near future. <br></p><p><br></p><p>Some slider saw owners believe their saws are safe enough. Obviously, Felder doesn't think so -- esp in a production environment.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Simon<br></p>

It is being sold & delivered now but in the big-boy Format-4 line from Felder. 

The Hammer line is still indefinite time frame.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Quote:Some slider saw owners believe their saws are safe enough. Obviously, Felder doesn't think so -- esp in a production environment.

I think it's more a case of "how do we differentiate our slider(s) from Martin, SCM, Griggio, Robland, ect..."

Ya know the marketing boys love them some features to tout.
Yes
(09-28-2021, 01:29 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I think it's more a case of "how do we differentiate our slider(s) from Martin, SCM, Griggio, Robland, ect..."

Ya know the marketing boys love them some features to tout.
Yes

The marketing boys and girils, based on my knowledge of the marketing industry, are not in the driver's seat when it comes to that kind of innovative safety technology. The R&D budget for developing the PCS would have been something approved based on a real and meaning safety improvement proposal. I believe sawstop provided the inspiration to these folks just as it did to Bosch.

Simon
(09-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The marketing boys and girils, based on my knowledge of the marketing industry, are not in the driver's seat when it comes to that kind of innovative safety technology. The R&D budget for developing the PCS would have been something approved based on a real and meaning safety improvement proposal. I believe sawstop provided the inspiration to these folks just as it did to Bosch.

Simon

I would be nice if Bosch could start selling in this country.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.