AC Covers
<p>LOML has 2 window AC units in her greenhouse. I've been looking at covers for the winter. Do I cover the inside&nbsp;or outsides or both?</p><p>Any experience would be appreciated.</p><p><br></p><p>Jim</p>
Jim
<p>
(09-24-2021, 09:28 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: </p><p>LOML has 2 window AC units in her greenhouse. I've been looking at covers for the winter. Do I cover the inside&nbsp;or outsides or both?</p><p>Any experience would be appreciated.</p><p><br></p><p>Jim</p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Cover outside.</p>
John T.
<p>I&nbsp;made custom size insulated boxes with&nbsp;Styrofoam insulation board and foamboard adhesive in a caulk tube. I stuck some thick foam weatherstripping on the edges that hit the house and pushed them on. I had one blow off once from too much wind blowing in the front door and nowhere else to go, so now I use a 1" web strap screwed to the house to keep it snug and air-tight. They look better and&nbsp;feel more durable with a couple coats of paint.</p>
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Insulated wooden boxes on the outside look best and can be sealed best.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Before you put the cover on, throw the breaker for the ac.
VH07V  
(09-26-2021, 04:28 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Before you put the cover on, throw the breaker for the ac.

Not possible sir. I use the 220 receptacles for the heaters. Looking at your location you forgot about heaters 
Big Grin
Jim