3M Xtract sanding discs
Thumbs Up 
<p>Wow.&nbsp;<br><br>Best product I have EVER used for sanding, hands down. The stuff cuts and cuts then it cuts some more. Leaves a more consistent surface too, no swirl marks, nothing.<br><br>I normally change disks every 8 urns, for an example, and last week I consistently sanded 32-36 of the same urn, and only changed cause I couldn't believe it. Time was cut in half as well (probably cause its sanding urn 30 the same it did urn 5...instead of cutting slower as time goes)<br><br>I was so blown away, I purchased 5 cases of the stuff directly from one of 3M's industrial suppliers.&nbsp;<br><br>I don't think I have ever unequivocally recommended a product this strongly. Its a game changer for me in production, but for a hobbyist that hates to sand......this might make it better.&nbsp;<br><br></p>

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

<p>
(09-27-2021, 08:19 AM)packerguy® Wrote: </p><p>Wow.&nbsp;<br><br>Best product I have EVER used for sanding, hands down. The stuff cuts and cuts then it cuts some more. Leaves a more consistent surface too, no swirl marks, nothing.<br><br>I normally change disks every 8 urns, for an example, and last week I consistently sanded 32-36 of the same urn, and only changed cause I couldn't believe it. Time was cut in half as well (probably cause its sanding urn 30 the same it did urn 5...instead of cutting slower as time goes)<br><br>I was so blown away, I purchased 5 cases of the stuff directly from one of 3M's industrial suppliers.&nbsp;<br><br>I don't think I have ever unequivocally recommended a product this strongly. Its a game changer for me in production, but for a hobbyist that hates to sand......this might make it better.&nbsp;<br><br></p><p>

</p><p><br></p><p>Can you make a comparsion to the Klingspor products?&nbsp; When I was doing a lot that's what I was happiest with.&nbsp; Just about to run out...</p>
I'm in good shape at the moment, and the Extract aren't widely distributed (yet), but once my stah of Klingspor wears down a little I intend to switch to the Extract. I caught this video on another forum and it convinced me.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Care to sell a sample pack? 6" or 5"?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(09-27-2021, 09:30 AM)KC Wrote: <p>
</p><p><br></p><p>Can you make a comparsion to the Klingspor products?&nbsp; When I was doing a lot that's what I was happiest with.&nbsp; Just about to run out...</p>

Never used Klingspor here. Always used the OEM Festool and Serious Grit, and recently stuff from Maverick. These are infinity better. But they should since they are a ceramic coated abrasive instead of the usual zirconia or oxide. But where they blow me away is they are like abranet in the sense as instead of a paper or cloth backing, its like window screen. Then there is a pattern of the coating so there is zero clogging at all.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Are they the 3M [font="Amazon Ember", Arial, sans-serif]Cubitron II Net Disc 710W.  amazon[/font]
Amazon had a pack of 50 of the 120 grit 5" for about $25 , though from what you say, 50 would last several lifetimes 
I agree these disks are amazing!

Watch the test/review video by Jonathan Katz-Moses linked to above. He tested 19 different disks using a sanding robot and this one was best by a mile! It may be fair to say this disk cannot be compared to ANY other brand....it is that good. It removes more material faster and lasts longer than any other disk he tested. Oh, and they are NOT expensive. From the link I have below a pack of 10 of any grit is $5.99.

They can bought in 10, 20, 50 or 100 (all one grit) from:

https://taytools.com/collections/3m%E2%8...4728637527

I have no affiliation with the above site other than being a customer.

TonyC
(09-27-2021, 06:09 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Never used Klingspor here. Always used the OEM Festool and Serious Grit, and recently stuff from Maverick. These are infinity better. But they should since they are a ceramic coated abrasive instead of the usual zirconia or oxide. But where they blow me away is they are like abranet in the sense as instead of a paper or cloth backing, its like window screen. Then there is a pattern of the coating so there is zero clogging at all.

Thanks!
Quote:3M Xtract Cubitron II Net Disc 710W, 5 in, 12 Piece Multi-Pack Hook and Loop Sanding Discs, 80+, 120+, 180+, 220+, 240+, 320+, Virtually Dust-Free, Assorted Grades

$6.87  but looks like two-week delivery

I may try a pack!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Can I assume I can use this on a 8 hole sander and still get some type of dust collection?