Veritas Deluxe Honing Guide Set $100 inc. shipping
Hello,

I have a Veritas Deluxe Honing Guide set for sale. I've only used it about 5 ish times and I've only used the regular blade holder and straight roller. The narrow blade holder and cambered roller have never been used. I'm asking $100 and that included shipping in a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box. I'd also entertain offers for trades including partial trades. Let me know what you have that is reasonable to send to Arizona. Some things I may be interested in include, Lie Nielsen Honing Guide, Lie Nielsen or Veritas tools of any kind, good user shoulder plane, quality vintage hand tools, you get the idea.

Reason for selling:

After years of using a cheapo eclipse style honing guide, I finally decided to invest in a better one. I didn't like this guide. It's rather large, complicated, and , for me, difficult to use effectively. I like the simplicity of the eclipse guide and wish I had bought the Lie Nielsen guide for it's similarity to the eclipse style.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-27-2021, 12:45 PM)Danxaz Wrote: Hello,

I have a Veritas Deluxe Honing Guide set for sale. I've only used it about 5 ish times and I've only used the regular blade holder and straight roller. The narrow blade holder and cambered roller have never been used. I'm asking $100 and that included shipping in a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box. I'd also entertain offers for trades including partial trades. Let me know what you have that is reasonable to send to Arizona. Some things I may be interested in include, Lie Nielsen Honing Guide, Lie Nielsen or Veritas tools of any kind, good user shoulder plane, quality vintage hand tools, you get the idea.

Reason for selling:

After years of using a cheapo eclipse style honing guide, I finally decided to invest in a better one. I didn't like this guide. It's rather large, complicated, and , for me, difficult to use effectively. I like the simplicity of the eclipse guide and wish I had bought the Lie Nielsen guide for it's similarity to the eclipse style.

Hi Sending a PM
It was pointed out to me that my photo doesn't do a good job of showing all the parts included in the set. Rest assured, everything that comes from Lee Valley in the Deluxe set is included in this sale.
  • Regular Blade Holder
  • Narrow-Blade Holder
  • Straight Roller
  • Cambered Roller
  • Registration Jig
  • All original packaging and instructions
Hey,

I’ve got some things I could offer as a trade. A bunch of excellent vintage chisels (Stanley 750’s, 740’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, everlasting), Sandvik chisels, various other chisels, drawknifes, carving tools, a Lie Nielsen Dowel plate (standard), etc…

Anything in particular you are looking for? I have the LN honing guide myself, but have been interested in trying this one out.