EMT conduit 90* inside corner bend acceptable?
(10-04-2021, 02:40 PM)TDKPE Wrote: In a word - nope. 

Just make sure the EMT connector nut gets a good bite through the paint to the panel metal, if using it for the ground.

Thanks! 
I did decide to include a dedicated EGC. 
Given that, despite all the EMT being (in theory) bonded together, I should connect that green wire to every box and every device even though the devices (outlets) are mounted to face of the metal boxes? right? having chosen to include it, I should use it as if I were using PVC everywhere?
I landed pigtails to each device, but not to the boxes since the receptacles are self-grounding type and the covers are approved for self-grounding devices.  The boxes are therefore grounded through the devices, rather than the other way around, and of course, the conduit is also grounded where it enters the box, making for multiple redundant bonding points.  I didn’t feel like adding another pigtail and grounding the boxes directly.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(10-05-2021, 08:40 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I landed pigtails to each device, but not to the boxes since the receptacles are self-grounding type and the covers are approved for self-grounding devices.  The boxes are therefore grounded through the devices, rather than the other way around, and of course, the conduit is also grounded where it enters the box, making for multiple redundant bonding points.  I didn’t feel like adding another pigtail and grounding the boxes directly.

Got it. So you don't take your green ECG and tie it first to the green screw into the box and then up to the outlet, rather, you pigtail it only to the outlet.
(10-05-2021, 10:46 AM)mound Wrote: Got it. So you don't take your green ECG and tie it first to the green screw into the box and then up to the outlet, rather, you pigtail it only to the outlet.

I pigtail it to both devices when there are two in there, and not to the box, but that's because they're self-grounding devices mounted to an approved cover ("squashed" corners) and the boxes are also already grounded via the conduit, so it's redundant.  And that's just me - if you want to add another pigtail to the box, that's fine.  Or none, and use the conduit and self-grounding devices with the correct covers, though I'm not sure anyone even makes raised covers that aren't approved for self-grounding any more.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(10-05-2021, 11:08 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I pigtail it to both devices when there are two in there, and not to the box, but that's because they're self-grounding devices mounted to an approved cover ("squashed" corners) and the boxes are also already grounded via the conduit, so it's redundant.  And that's just me - if you want to add another pigtail to the box, that's fine.  Or none, and use the conduit and self-grounding devices with the correct covers, though I'm not sure anyone even makes raised covers that aren't approved for self-grounding any more.

Thanks.

Just thinking out loud (showing my ignorance)  - let's assume the EMT were all well assembled tightly and is as such acting as a ground, but you add a dedicated EGC and bond everything together with that wire as well. 

Does this create two "parallel paths" to ground or does that really have no meaning since current will just spread out across the EMT components, and the EGC, back to the panel and then to earth? (neutrals are of course separated from ground being this is a sub-panel)
(10-05-2021, 12:16 PM)mound Wrote: Thanks.

Just thinking out loud (showing my ignorance)  - let's assume the EMT were all well assembled tightly and is as such acting as a ground, but you add a dedicated EGC and bond everything together with that wire as well. 

Does this create two "parallel paths" to ground or does that really have no meaning since current will just spread out across the EMT components, and the EGC, back to the panel and then to earth?  (neutrals are of course separated from ground being this is a sub-panel)

Yes it will create parallel paths for the ground. but sense this is for safety and not current carrying, redundant paths do not cause a problem and provide additional safety if one becomes defective.  (remember we are talking grounds, not neutrals)  Roly