Finding a hardwood grain similar to bamboo & possibly a stain
I'm going to be putting in a bamboo floor in the near future but have come across 2 issues, trims and floor vent covers.  I looked at the manufacturer and their molding pieces only come in a 72" length.  The one door we have is a little larger than 72".  I could buy two pieces of trim and splice them together but I would rather have one piece if I can.  I called them up and they don't offer custom lengths of trim.  They used to make floor vents but have since discontinued them and no longer have the size (4x10) that I need in stock.  I am contemplating the idea of getting some hardwood vents / trim and trying to stain them up to come close to it.  I know general finishes makes some stain in the grey category but am certainly open to ideas on what to apply to it.  Since the mfgr doesn't actually stain the wood they don't have anything available to purchase and use on your product.  I posted a picture of the floor below as well as posted a link to it. 

My question is two fold.  1) is there a hardwood where the grain is similar to that of the strand woven bamboo?  I was thinking perhaps beach but my stock of beach is all used up and have nothing to compare it to.
2) Anyone know of a stain, dye or some home brew that I can make to color the hardwood to be of a similar tone?

https://www.calibamboo.com/product-grey-...03101.html

[Image: flooring_boardwalk_wide_tg_main.jpg]
Not sure I would try to match bamboo... it's sort of it's own animal. I'd probably try to find something that complements it instead.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Thanks for the feedback. I'm certainly open to woods that you think would compliment it. My stash of wood is inaccessible for the near future so just grabbing something from the drop bin isn't on the table. I can find a few stains / dyes but again am open to looking at alternatives that you may offer up.
Some Hickory's looks like Bamboo except the "knots" in the bamboo. Both are hard and do not take stain very well.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor