band saw throat plate
(09-30-2021, 12:52 PM)mr_skittle Wrote: I had the same idea of sandwiching the insert between two pieces of plywood. Unfortunately I never got that far.

I love the idea of an elbow. Its sooo much easier than the DIY ideas I've seen. I'll have to give it a try. The bandsaw also has an opening at the bottom of the bottom wheel housing that I hooked my DC up to but that only seems to collect about half the dust. I'll have to get a wye connector so I can run a second hose to underneath the table.

If you have two collection ports you'll likely need to use a DC and not a ShopVac like I use.  Two ports will definitely get more of the dust but I didn't want to cut any holes in the wheel cover.  My bigger Grizzly BW has two ports from the factory, both 4" and connected to a 6" Wye with short hoses, and if I run at least 600 cfm it captures 99% of the dust even when doing 12" deep resaws, which generates an amazing amount of dust.  

John