Framer's guillotine/miter trimmer
Hi all, was looking at picking up an old Miter Trimmer but wanted to make sure I could sharpen the blades.  Anyone know of a service in the Baltimore area that does this sort of thing or a good place to send them away?  Thanks   ROB
Carbide Cutting Tools & CNC Router Bits from Southern Saw

Been using them for years. I believe they do trimmer blades.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(10-04-2021, 06:47 PM)museumguy Wrote: Carbide Cutting Tools & CNC Router Bits from Southern Saw

Been using them for years. I believe they do trimmer blades.

Perfect-thanks a lot!
I have a Lion miter trimmer and sharpening the blades is a breeze! First, they are very thick and because of that, you have very meaty bevels. Make sure backs are flat and then just register on the bevels to bring to sharp.

I used "scary sharp" for mine, affixing the Si paper to my table saw top.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I agree Tony, I also have a Lion trimmer, had a couple of small nicks in one blade when I got it.

A little work with a diamond pad, all good.

As Tony said, easy to hone/sharpen yourself.
(10-05-2021, 10:21 AM)MT Woodworker Wrote: I agree Tony, I also have a Lion trimmer, had a couple of small nicks in one blade when I got it.

A little work with a diamond pad, all good.

As Tony said, easy to hone/sharpen yourself.

Thanks Fellas.  I'll give it a shot