My take on clamp storage
I have an I-beam resting on lolly columns in my basement.  I simply hang the clamps onto the bottom crosspiece.  Long clamps get hung near the columns and the small clamps get hung anywhere else.  They never seem to fall off and the small clamps don't hit my head. 

I do have a few on a pegboard behind my assembly table.  But just a handful.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I will post pics of my current setup but first I am looking for ideas for c clamps.  I don't have many but just bought some new ones, deep reach clamps.  I don't have much space under my benches but looking for a way to hang some large C-clamps a few deep on the wall.  I was going to make a plywood sheet with 7" long dowels, but given the current cost of plywood I feel it might be a better investment buying utility hooks instead.  Just looking for suggestions to hang C-clamps.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Shocked 
I built a rack for all the bar clamps, and the pipe clamps and extender pieces of pipe are just stacked/standing in the corner next to the dust collector.

[Image: i-WPDqkDj-X2.jpg]

[Image: i-cZfPsfL-X2.jpg]
I use Rubbermaid shelf standards and brackets for clamps.   They hold an incredible amount of weight.  Just lay the clamps across the brackets.  I can hang C clamps from the brackets as well, and the few handscrew clamps I have.  

Rubbermaid 70 in. White Twin Track Upright for Wood or Wire Shelving-FG4B8900WHT - The Home Depot

Rubbermaid 14.5 in. D White Twin Track Bracket for Wood Shelving-FG4C0602WHT - The Home Depot
(10-24-2021, 07:13 AM)Mike in kc Wrote: I built a rack for all the bar clamps, and the pipe clamps and extender pieces of pipe are just stacked/standing in the corner next to the dust collector.

Those hand planes look are massive,  they look like a[Image: i-WPDqkDj-X2.jpg]

Those hand plans are huge they look like caricatures of what a woodshop should have on the shelf.
(10-24-2021, 05:16 PM)KC Wrote: I use Rubbermaid shelf standards and brackets for clamps.   They hold an incredible amount of weight.  Just lay the clamps across the brackets.  I can hang C clamps from the brackets as well, and the few handscrew clamps I have.  

Rubbermaid 70 in. White Twin Track Upright for Wood or Wire Shelving-FG4B8900WHT - The Home Depot

Rubbermaid 14.5 in. D White Twin Track Bracket for Wood Shelving-FG4C0602WHT - The Home Depot

Guess who had a 48" section of the double track sitting around the garage?  This guy.

It was the perfect recipe to solve all those clamps I had to spread around the shop.

Attached Files Image(s)

So here is my storage locations.

I had my shop and tools spread out over many locations over the years.  I will start with my oldest clamps storage rack.  I had to re-use this one because I had to take down my newest homebuilt rack to install my dust collection in its prime location.  This rack was piled on with so many different clamps I don't think I was able to pull off any clamp without something very heavy falling towards my head.

I was able to get creative and re-install my newest rack.  Since I don't use the garage door and certainly won't be bringing in a car, I cantilevered some 2x8s over the door opening to install the pipe clamp and K-body clamp rack back in place.  All my smaller clamps were stored in a pull-out
    set of boxes on the side of the assembly table.  I am now hanging up many of them on the new shelf standard.

Attached Files Image(s)