My take on clamp storage
(10-15-2021, 12:50 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ya'll turn those k bodies over....head down, weight down. Won't vibrate off that way.

Over 500 clamps here. Pics on other puter.

...never, ever  had any issues at all with clamps vibrating off the racks I built,  many, many years ago.....
"Ya'll turn those k bodies over....head down, weight down. Won't vibrate off that way."

That's why I like the Rockler racks. They have a lip that keeps them in place.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
What are you guys talking about? Clamps falling off due to vibration? Never seen that happen or heard from any woodworker that it was a problem for them.

If that really is a potential issue (say the wall isn't plumb), simply mount the clamp rack slightly tilted towards the wall.

Simon
(10-15-2021, 11:44 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: What are you guys talking about? Clamps falling off due to vibration? Never seen that happen or heard from any woodworker that it was a problem for them.

If that really is a potential issue (say the wall isn't plumb), simply mount the clamp rack slightly tilted towards the wall.

Simon

Again I agree, never been an issue, my shop walls don’t vibrate...
Mine are on home made clamp racks (made out of 3/4" BB plywood) with the heads up for years now. Never had one move.

Doug
(10-15-2021, 11:44 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: What are you guys talking about? Clamps falling off due to vibration? Never seen that happen or heard from any woodworker that it was a problem for them.

Simon

Halfathumb posted that above, if you'll read his post.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-16-2021, 03:52 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Halfathumb posted that above, if you'll read his post.
Winkgrin

I read his post. If you looked at his racks, they weren't properly made. The ledges are too shallow. Yours are too but you hang the clamps upside down. Properly sized racks won't get clamps to fall off unless the racks are mounted inside a mobile van.

Simon
https://forums.woodnet.net/attachment.php?aid=38254

That is my kind of clamp rack. Practical, effective and fast to make. Looks like something in a pro shop, not a hobbyists shop.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

(10-09-2021, 07:51 AM)Kudzu Wrote: Just had to move all these and not quite done. But french cleats and some simple brackets using shop scraps and dowel stock.

Looks optimum to me for the amount of clamps being stored.  Putting one behind the other and so on is clearly the best use of wall space.  Easy to get on and off.
Great thinking.