LED shop lighting recommendations?
get the tombstones / lamp holders. Order some hyperikon bulbs, daylight. Glue up scraps to get rid of them. Make your own lights.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
I ordered several 6-packs of 4' LED lights from Amazon. Got the boxes, one or two in each box was dead (of course). Amazon just wanted the whole box back, so I ordered several more boxes and cobbled until I had enough working fixtures. They do produce light. 

A couple months later I made space for another batch and the first style was gone. So I repeated the exercise with a second set of boxes...
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
(10-12-2021, 10:55 AM)abernat Wrote: I ordered several 6-packs of 4' LED lights from Amazon. Got the boxes, one or two in each box was dead (of course). Amazon just wanted the whole box back, so I ordered several more boxes and cobbled until I had enough working fixtures. They do produce light. 

A couple months later I made space for another batch and the first style was gone. So I repeated the exercise with a second set of boxes...

which type specifically were so prone to failure?
(10-12-2021, 02:41 PM)mound Wrote: which type specifically were so prone to failure?

They didn't fail, the boxes were crushed so the fixtures were bent. One had a pull chain ripped out. It was entirely on Amazon.
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
I put in three 46" 4600 lumen Koda lights in a 20x22 garage (Costco). I bought 4 but three was plenty, Very bright with dimmers and a motion activated. I leave the motion function turned off. I installed each one on it's own receptacle tied into the same wall switch but you can use just one receptacle and string them together. Didn't want all the wiring on the ceiling stringing them together. I just looked at Costco's site and they aren't available online but it says that some stores stock them. I don't remember the price.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay