Festool track saw dust collection not working
My TS 55 has stopped collecting sawdust. It's throwing dust all over. The saw is hooked to a shop vac and there's plenty of suction from the hose, but there's almost no air movement by the blade. I took the blade cover off and there's no blockage anywhere. And when I turned on the shop vac with the cover still off it sucked in some residual dust. But put the cover back on and nothing.

The only thing that has changed is that I put a rip blade on. Haven't had the chance to switch blades back to see if it makes any difference but I don't see how the blade can make a difference.

Any guesses?

Thanks
Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
The blade didn't make a difference, I use a rip blade on mine all the time. It has to be some blockage in the vac and/or vac hose.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've checked the suction at the hose end and it's fine. And as I mentioned, with the blade cover removed it sucked residual dust out of the chamber.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Nothing stuck on the cover? Piece of wood or hardened sawdust?
There's nothing in the chamber blocking anything. It's one big open space. For something to fill it enough to block the airflow it would probably block the blade from turning as well. As i said earlier I took off the blade cover and there's nothing in the chamber except the blade.

Cliff
Charles Bukowski
Are you taking a full cut? Or skim cut, one side of the blade out in the open? Dust collection on those saws works best with the blade cutting on both sides.

Ed
Full rip cut through 1 1/2" sapele.

I'll be getting back to the shop Monday and can explore more then.

Cliff
Charles Bukowski
(10-15-2021, 10:15 AM)cpolubin Wrote: Full rip cut through 1 1/2" sapele.

I'll be getting back to the shop Monday and can explore more then.

Cliff

Did your exploration reveal anything useful ?
Actually, I haven't been able to get back to it. Just finished the table we were cutting at the time and now I'm installing a new dust collector. I've been waiting to put this in since spring. There was always one more project that needed to be done first. It was bought with tax return money which shows how long it's been waiting.

Maybe once I get the new ductwork finished.

Cliff
Charles Bukowski