WTB - Dust collector - Elkhart, IN
My dust collector died.  Looking for a replacement. 

Prefer 2hp (will consider lower HP if CFM is decent)
Prefer 220 volt (already have outlet from previous dust collector)

Thanks
Ricc

EDIT: OOPS! forgot to add - I am located northcentral Indiana - Elkhart
(10-19-2021, 09:39 AM)Ricc Havens Wrote: My dust collector died.  Looking for a replacement. 

Prefer 2hp (will consider lower HP if CFM is decent)
Prefer 220 volt (already have outlet from previous dust collector)

Thanks
Ricc

Where are you?
(10-19-2021, 10:00 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Where are you?

OOPS - added location to original post- North central indiana - Elkhart

Thanks Mike!
Ricc--sorry to hear that. Can't help you out on the DC, but would be happy to lend a hand on the swap-out. I'm at ND the next 3 weekends, and working my tail off during the week--so my offer is pretty much worthless for about a month!! Stay well.
earl
(10-19-2021, 12:39 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Ricc--sorry to hear that.  Can't help you out on the DC, but would be happy to lend a hand on the swap-out.  I'm at ND the next 3 weekends, and working my tail off during the week--so my offer is pretty much worthless for about a month!!  Stay well.
earl

hey Earl!
Thanks for the worthless offer!
Big Grin
Big Grin

The swap out will be pretty easy as it sits in the corner of the basement shop.  The only thinkg is getting in downstairs and the old one upstairs.  I will let you know.

But, you are always welcome to come by and hang out!

Ricc
With a 2hp what cfm are you looking to get with that???

I have a great Pennstateind 1hp that puts out 850cfm which is more then a harbor fright 2hp motor does and it has the cartridge canister.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-19-2021, 02:47 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: With a 2hp what cfm are you looking to get with that???

I have a great Pennstateind 1hp that puts out 850cfm which is more then a harbor fright 2hp motor does and it has the cartridge canister.

Arlin,  not sure where you got your CFM for the HF unit.  But their website shows 1550CFM -- "This 2 HP dust collector delivers powerful dust collection exactly where you need it. With 1550 CFM air flow this portable dust collector is more effective than..."

so your Penn State unit is almost half the capacity.  the grizzly unit I have is almost 30yrs old.  but, according to their at that time it was also 1550cfm.   They still sell a 2hp bag unit under their Shop Fox branding and it's rated the same at 1550.      Their 2hp with Canister filter is rated at 1700cfm.  The 1-1/2hp grizzly branded bag unit is 1300cfm. That's probably the lowest I would want to go.

Thanks
Ricc
Ricc,

If you can wait a bit I've got a Shop Fox W1666 that I'll be selling in Fort Wayne. Comes with a Wynn cartridge, a Super Dust Deputy. a 30 gallon metal trash can, Oneida Dust sentry and a remote. A few pieces of 5" and 4" snap lock, but nothing to get excited about.

I need to finish a dining room table for my middle daughter and SIL, who is helping on the build before i can pull it out. Probably going to be around a month before it would be available.

PM me if you're interested and we can discuss particulars.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(10-19-2021, 04:59 PM)cpolubin Wrote: Ricc,

If you can wait a bit I've got a Shop Fox W1666 that I'll be selling in Fort Wayne. Comes with a Wynn cartridge, a Super Dust Deputy. a 30 gallon metal trash can, Oneida Dust sentry and a remote. A few pieces of 5" and 4" snap lock, but nothing to get excited about.

I need to finish a dining room table for my middle daughter and SIL, who is helping on the build before i can pull it out. Probably going to be around a month before it would be available.

PM me if you're interested and we can discuss particulars.

Cliff

Probably not in my budget with all the extras but PM has been sent.