NX60 back ?
(10-21-2021, 10:18 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Rob, this discussion of the NX60 drove me to purchase the DX60 on the factory seconds sale this morning. Not as pretty but the geometry is the same, correct? I had the opportunity to witness your talk on the design process at an EAIA meeting several years ago and was very impressed. Can't wait to try it out.
Greg Wease
Greg, you’ll love it.
I know the LN 60-1/2 is a popular block plane also, for good reason. But IMO the NX60/DX60 planes are about as close to perfectly designed and built as it gets. Such attention to detail, so comfortable in the hand, and the knurling on the knobs on my DX60? Brings a smile every time I use them.
For those unaware, I wrote a review on this plane in 2008. Along with comparisons with the LN 60 1/2 and LV LA Block Plane.

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...Plane.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com