Powermatic shipping
Hello everyone, new to this board and not sure if this is posted in the correct forum, or if this has been discussed.  Anyway, I ordered a Powermatic shaper from Amazon in February, and is yet to arrive when originally it was to arrive in March.  Has anyone experienced this, does this seem right? TY
I don't know about Powermatic but I had to wait 6 months for Grizzly to deliver my jointer. With the shipping back up, parts and lots of other things are taking a very long time to arrive. It is probbly sitting off the coast of California.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Earlier this spring I ordered one of their belt/disc combo sanders and it was delayed a few months waiting for production to catch up. Many other tool companies are back ordered on many items. I wouldn't call it "normal", but it kind of is the way things are these days.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Another way to put it is this - It'd be abnormal these days if you get something made in and shipped from outside NA on time. For bigger machinery, a delay of a couple of months to half a year is normal.

Simon
I ordered a Powermatic BS in early January as a retailer was still offering their black Friday price.  My ship date changed 3 times and I received the saw on July 2nd . Between receiving the material from overseas and assembly back log everything was taking that long.
I ordered a PM719t floor mortiser in late June for a delivery expected 11/23.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.