sealant material for wood to fiberglass?
I'm making a splash guard out of cedar for a rowing boat I have. The boat is fiberglass. The cedar splash guard doesn't exactly match the curve of the deck, so I have to put some sealant where it meets the deck. Is there some material that I could apply to the cedar and allow to dry but that would remain flexible enough to do the job?
I have used a product called " Through The Roof " for sealing metal flashing to cedar. Comes in a caulking tube and tubs. VERY sticky stuff you don't want let it dry on anything you will see. When wet it cleans up with mineral spirits. Did I say you don't want to get on your fingers.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
It sounds like you do not want to do a permanent attachment with fiberglass tape.

In that case, some of the silicone rubber calking would be the first thing that I would try. Some of them are more flexible than others and you can figure that out from the labels.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
E-6000.

It is a styrene-based clear and flexible adhesive.  It remains flexible like silicone, but its adhesion levels are much greater.  Think of it as silicone adhesive on steroids. 

It is available ad hobby shops and Lowes and Home Depot in small tubes only.  It is also packed in tubes for caulking guns according to their website. 

It excels in adhering to smooth non-porous materials.  It is also used as a fabric adhesive and will withstand frequent washings. 

They also make E-6100 and E-6800 industrial adhesives.  I have no experience with those.

I would write to the manufacturer and ask for a recommendation.  In the lower left-hand side of the linked page they have a box to click called "Questions".  There are some previously asked and answered questions and it allows you to write your own questions.  

http://eclecticproducts.com/products/e6000/

This description for E6800:
  • UV resistant – resists yellowing and cracking when used outdoors 
  • Tough – 2X stronger and 60X more flex than Polyurethane! 
  • Non-flammable once cured 
  • Chemical resistant – safe for applications exposed to dilute acids and dilute caustics 
  • Waterproof – can be submerged in fresh and salt water after complete cure 
  • Paintable – paint to match surrounding area 
  • Temperature resistant – unaffected by extreme heat or cold once cured 
  • Flexible – excellent for bonding items subject to vibration 
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.