New-old saw till
(10-26-2021, 02:16 PM)Pedder Wrote: Derek, Rob, that are some very sweet saws. When I look over it, too many of the maker stopped saw making early.
Mike Wenzlof, Andrew Lunn, Ed Paik, Klaus, too.

Derek, I like your drawers the most, and Rob, yours in your shop too! I love drawers to store tools.

Cheers
Pedder

Thanks Pedder.

The drawers ….

[Image: 11.jpg]

… contain saw sharpening gear …

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

Saw sharpening station …

[Image: 15.jpg]

The Disston 3D saw vise, and all-important light source …

[Image: 14.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
My aspirational woodworking goal - do 1/10 of what Derek does, 1/2 as well........

Cheers - 

Rob
(10-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Thanks Pedder.

The Disston 3D saw vise, and all-important light source …

[Image: 14.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek

I actually use two of those same Ikea task lights; but about 8 years ago I did upgrade my 3D to the TFWW Gramercy vice; cost hurt a bit, but that re-engineered Wentworth design is heads and shoulders better than any vintage vice, even the 3D. Price has gone up $75 since I bought mine, and while I think they ship to NZ (and not to OZ) postage might be prohibitive as its pretty heavy......

https://toolsforworkingwood.com/store/item/GT-SAWV
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-27-2021, 06:47 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: My aspirational woodworking goal - do 1/10 of what Derek does, 1/2 as well........

Cheers - 

Rob

You are very kind, Rob. 

Best regards

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com