Straightening a flexible curve?
I have a long and a short flexible curve from Lee Valley. I haven't used them in a long time, and the long one Likes to stay in a C shape. I can't coax it into any other shape. It has perfect memory.

Anything I can do? The short one works the way you expect, more or less stays where you bend it (within reason). I emailed LV customer service, but no reply yet.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Use some bench dogs to hold it in a serpentine for a while?

Sounds like it was left in the C-shape for a long time and needs some time in a different shape to lose that memory.

Alternatively, hang it with a clothespin from one end and see if it slowly straightens out.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
It may not be the metal that's making it stay curved. It may be the plastic coating. Try soaking the curve in hot water, then stretch it out straight. You may need to clamp it between two straight edges. Leave it clamped overnight. Might need to be repeated to totally restore the flexibility.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Most plastics become more plastic (flexible) if warmed up. 

You don't want to go much over 200 degrees F. but a day in direct sunlight might be all that is needed.  Or put it in a carton and turn on a hair dryer aimed in the carton.  It has to be thoroughly warmed (to the core) but without a very high temperature.

Note:  Most thermoplastics will melt around 300 - 350 degrees F.  So you don't want to get that hot.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.