Largest planer on a mobile base
(10-27-2021, 09:44 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: A full size planer on wheels in that area will do fine.  Some busy days you'll get tired of walking around it no matter where its rolled, but when time comes for planing, you'll be so glad you've got it.
For extra long stuff, you'll be glad you can roll up that overhead door.

I was born (and live near again) the home town of Oliver, so I'm thinking I need a nice sized Oliver planer.
(10-28-2021, 06:03 PM)marcb Wrote: I was born (and live near again) the home town of Oliver, so I'm thinking I need a nice sized Oliver planer.

The Oliver 18" is a very compact machine compared to the Powermatic 18.  There may be single phase models out there, but I don't know of any since it is a direct motor drive machine.  The next size up by Oliver is a 24" and that's probably too heavy for casters.  A pallet jack for that one.