Table Dimension Help
I made a small breakfast nook table years back and I wanted physical weight to it, but I also wanted it to not take over the room visually.

The lumber I used planed down to just under 1 1/2" but I put a very narrow angle back bevel on it.  Depending on how you want to measure it it was 75 or 15 degrees.  The edge was just a little over 1/2" thick and the taper went 6ish inches back so the top was very "light" looking, but the top was heavy enough the table didn't move easily.

We used that table for about 12 years before giving it to my sister in law who's family of 4 kids used it for a few more years until they moved, so its held up pretty well.  Going to the 3rd owner within the family now.
Picked up the walnut yesterday. Five 8/4 walnut boards 96" long ranging from 7" to 10". Really nice with no sapwood at all.

If I am careful, I can get the leg material from one end of the boards.

I am now thinking about doing breadboard ends. It would be easy as I have done them before. It would also allow me more leeway on where to make the initial cross cut to break these boards down. 

What is everyone's thoughts on bread board ends on a walnut table top, 32 x 62 and up to 2" thick.  I may resaw the boards down closer to 1 1/2", but that will depend on how they mill out. I think the breadboard ends will dress it up more than just having the end grain at both ends.
Breadboard ends are a nice touch on any country style table IMO.  Here's an English walnut table top I built a year ago.  It's 42 x 95 x 1-1/4".  The breadboard ends are 8" wide, wider than I wanted but needed to get to the 95" required length with the boards I had for the field.  

[Image: AM-JKLVq59iIzZUJWj4lPLbcohFyYhI6Nf8yNh8R...authuser=0]

If you decide to go thinner than 2", resawing 1/2" off one side might cause the boards to bend along the length.  I would be more inclined to saw veneer off both sides to keep things balanced.  

John
What's the price of 8/4 walnut where you are?  The folks I buy wood from when I have to buy wood want $16.40/bf of 8/4 walnut.  

John

Nevermind - saw it in your other post.