Refurbish Rocking Chair
I posted earlier about refinishing a table & rocking for a lady in my church. Table went quite well. BUT... the rocking chair was painted many years ago with a reddish paint. On some of the chairs parts I was able to strip down to the wood. However, the paint for some reason runs deeper into the wood grain on other parts. Plus there seems to be a couple different species of wood used in different areas from previous renovations. I will have to turn 7 spindles due to broken parts that was repaired (not so well) before. Probably before the paint job.

I don't have the heart to tell the lady that her chair is basically fire wood. As long as she's willing to paint it again I can make it work.

A couple questions:

1) How do some of you folks strip spindles that have quite a few beads (some tight together) etc. that doesn't require tedious & time consuming work?

2) What paint stripper have you found that works the best?

Thanks
Jim
Jim
Without seeing your items, I'm guessing sanding thread would get into the depressions you have.  Something like this: Rockler 180-Grit Mitchell's Abrasive Cord, 0.070" Diameter x 12' Roll | Google Shopping
Now on the issue of paint in the pores of the wood, sometimes you can shellac or varnish over the remaining material, let it dry completely then strip it again (I used a marine stripper).  I've had pretty good luck overall with the varnish (which is what I used) grabbing onto the remaining paint and pulling it out along with the varnish.  I had a few spots it didn't work and used a dental pick to get the rest out while it was still soft.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.