Delta DC 380 Planer?
I haven't changed the gear oil in years. I use the planer quite a bit. I cleaned the chain and re-lubed it. Checked the gearbox oil level and it was at the correct level. The oil seemed a little thin. I checked the manual and it did not state the weight of oil, just said gear oil. When I think gear oil it is 80w - 90w. Is this correct? I know I changed it 8 - 10 years ago. The manual said yearly, OOOps.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I have that planer, and I also haven't changed the gear oil in years. My take on that is it's important for commercial/industrial use...but for a hobbyist wayyyy overkill. Besides, it's a pain to get the new oil in. Anyway, going from memory ( I can look later when I'm in the shop) I though that oil needed to have a certain additive (high pressure something or other) and i found a Mobil one product that seemed o have it. It was 140 weight (I think, as I said...I'll look). That said, going back to the hobbyist thing I doubt it matters much what you use as long as it's a good gear oil. But all this reminds me, I do need to check it...maybe I'll put that on the list for today.

Oops, was able to check, it's 90 weight....this stuff. I remember when I bought it it fulfilled their requirements. The "high Pressure" thingy I mentioned above is really "extreme pressure" and something I dug up said this gear oil has it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the information. It was a pain to check the oil level. Putting the oil in will be the same. Warm the oil up and squirt it in.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I have the 13" version (older). Mine is about 35 years old, never have changed the oil, I should, maybe this will encourage me. I may have done it when it was a couple years old, the feed would jump out of gear, and I contacted Rockwell (delta) and the advised me there was an update to the feed control and they sent me out an update kit. I don't remember I had to change it then or not. My Dad was a mechanic and he took care of it.
One thing to watch is whether you have bronze parts in the box or not.  I don't have that planer but did find mine is supposed to have some bronze in it.  Apparently typical gear oil can eat up bronze so be aware.  I got the specs on mine and talked to Valvoline on their products and what would work or not.  Found they have a 80W-90 gear lube that plays well with bronze so that's what I used.  I did this a long time ago and no problems with it.  Just FYI