Handtools for Sale; #5, three #4s, three Blocks (#18 and #19), Saw set
Here’s a bunch of very worthy tools, tools that I would own (but frankly, I have most if not all of them), in user condition, and priced reasonably. Apologies are noted for condition issues, but none are critical, or I would not list these tools for sale.

NOTE: payment by USPS money order please, I don’t have any EFT accounts; that being said, if I know you from the forum then checks are ok.  I mail when I get your mail and will PM you when shipped so you’ll know that they are on their way, with a USPS estimate of deliver date (sometimes they lie). All prices are plus shipping by USPS, no “handling” fees are added.  If you’re interested in tools, PM me identifying the tool saying “I’ll take it” and please include your full name and shipping address as that cuts down on back and forth PMs. The first PM will get priority, as I think most of these will go relatively quickly, so if you’ve got a puptent in your shop apron for something PM sooner rather than later.

Descriptions are in order of appearance in this Flickr album, top to bottom, found here:  Flickr Album
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72157720085478063/with/51641531668/][/url]

Stanley #5, type 18, immediately post war made for one year; 85-90% japanning, evidence of rust on top of iron (but the working end is just dandy) and the lever cap; tote and knob, hardwood, are solid and dandy, and metal is sound with a good sole. Iron was sharpened by me, ready for wood.  This one is from a prior sale post where the deal fell thru.  Yours for $55 plus shipping.  SOLD

Next is a Type 11 Stanley #4; 90%+ japanning, tote repair, well done by me with epoxy, some rust evidence on lever cap, metal all good, apology for a short iron (I like planes with short irons, shows they were used, and used well, in the past) so to make up for that I’m including another iron; sharpen it up and you’re in business.  $55 plus shipping.  SOLD

Next is another Type 11 #4, this one has 95%+ japanning, again a tote repair by me, well done, knob is solid, metal is good, sharpen it up and put to wood. Yours for $55 plus shipping.  SOLD

The last #4 is a Type 19, wood solid, metal 100%, no apologies other than it has a replaced iron; sharpen and use. SOLD Yours for $50 plus shipping.

Next is the best block plane design Stanley ever make, knuckle cap #18 (still being knocked off by Woodriver), great shape, 99% japanning, zero apologies, sharpen and put to wood.  $45 plus shipping.  SOLD

Now, here’s another knuckle cap block, this one is the somewhat elusive #19, its sole is about one inch longer than the 18 for additional registration; this one is in particularly nice shape, 99% japanning, metal all good, zero apologies.  $45 plus shipping.SOLD

Next is a low angle block of UK production, circa ‘80’s, they kept paying attention to quality in the UK long after US Stanley production didn’t give a darn anymore. I have a similar one in my user till. This one is in great condition, the iron still had the original factory grind, but I fine tuned it when sharpening it up. Ready for wood.  This one also was a prior sale that fell thru.  Yours for $40 plus shipping. SOLD

Last but not least is a Stanley #42W saw set, in excellent condition, has the instruction sheet, $40 plus shipping. This is the real deal, not the junk saw sets now produced, and will do you yeoman’s work if you are into saw sharpening.  SOLD

Again, first PM with “I’ll take it” gets priority, and include your full shipping info in the PM. Note payment and shipping terms at top of the post. Quality tools that I would own, priced reasonably for users.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Pm sent for #19 block
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
UK low angle block is sold.
Forgot to add, not for nothin', but that #18 is a pretty nice plane.....
Saw set and remaining Type 11 #4 are sold.

That really crispy #18 still available, as is the Type 19 #4, now $45 plus shipping...
PM sent on the #18
#18 Block is sold. Still have the Stanley #4 available.
#4 is gone. All the tools are now sold; thanks to all for looking.