Wall Safe

Bought a wall safe at HF yesterday. Seems like a good solid unit. However, the mounting hardware is a joke. There are no instructions on how to use this. It appears you have to use a magnet once it's in the studs to pull the screw into the inside of the safe to put the washers & nut on them. I threw them away & used lag bolts.
Jim
  Re: Wall Safe by Halfathumb ([attachment=38508]Bo...)
That is a wedge lock for concrete.  We use those in CVS pharmacys to bolt the safe down to the floor.  You drill a hole in the concrete the size of the wedge lock and push it in then you tighten the nut and it expands the outer part and wedges it in
Most wall safes are designed to mount between studs that are on 14" centers.  

Here an attractive woman in a purple golf henley shirt is shown installing such a safe.  I have every confidence that you can do as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMFbXZJln6s

Edited to correct shirt style.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
  Re: RE: Wall Safe by fixtureman (That is a wedge lock...)
(11-01-2021, 10:20 AM)fixtureman Wrote: That is a wedge lock for concrete.  We use those in CVS pharmacys to bolt the safe down to the floor.  You drill a hole in the concrete the size of the wedge lock and push it in then you tighten the nut and it expands the outer part and wedges it in

I just used lag bolts. Easy peeze.
Jim
Sister bought a house an they lived in it for 4 yrs when the fridge went bad. Delivery guy pulled it out and there was a wall safe behind it. The man would not have said anything but my sister is Mrs. Clean,  saw it and was surprised. Paid a locksmith to open it just to see it was empty. They use it now.
  Re: RE: Wall Safe by gear jammer (Sister bought a hous...)
Put your valuables in a safe deposit box at the bank.  Safes in a home are an invitation to thieves to steal them - as my parents found out.  And no home safe will withstand a fire for more than an hour or so, most not even that long.  

John
The only safe in a home that is in no danger of being accessed/entered by a
burglar is one that is well hidden. In these days of cordless cutting tools even
the most well built safe you can buy is fair game.

When I see guys putting big ol gun safes in their garage, fully visible from the
street, I just shake my head.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae