Wall Safe
    Bought a wall safe at HF yesterday. Seems like a good solid unit. However, the mounting hardware is a joke. There are no instructions on how to use this. It appears you have to use a magnet once it's in the studs to pull the screw into the inside of the safe to put the washers & nut on them. I threw them away & used lag bolts.
Jim
That is a wedge lock for concrete.  We use those in CVS pharmacys to bolt the safe down to the floor.  You drill a hole in the concrete the size of the wedge lock and push it in then you tighten the nut and it expands the outer part and wedges it in
Most wall safes are designed to mount between studs that are on 14" centers.  

Here an attractive woman in a purple golf henley shirt is shown installing such a safe.  I have every confidence that you can do as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMFbXZJln6s

Edited to correct shirt style.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-01-2021, 10:20 AM)fixtureman Wrote: That is a wedge lock for concrete.  We use those in CVS pharmacys to bolt the safe down to the floor.  You drill a hole in the concrete the size of the wedge lock and push it in then you tighten the nut and it expands the outer part and wedges it in

I just used lag bolts. Easy peeze.
Jim
Sister bought a house an they lived in it for 4 yrs when the fridge went bad. Delivery guy pulled it out and there was a wall safe behind it. The man would not have said anything but my sister is Mrs. Clean,  saw it and was surprised. Paid a locksmith to open it just to see it was empty. They use it now.
Put your valuables in a safe deposit box at the bank.  Safes in a home are an invitation to thieves to steal them - as my parents found out.  And no home safe will withstand a fire for more than an hour or so, most not even that long.  

John
The only safe in a home that is in no danger of being accessed/entered by a
burglar is one that is well hidden. In these days of cordless cutting tools even
the most well built safe you can buy is fair game.

When I see guys putting big ol gun safes in their garage, fully visible from the
street, I just shake my head.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I bought myself a safe, its a big wall mounted safe for guns and other precious stuff. Its a good safe with a finger print and a digital lock, but of course it doesn't make it 100% safe, but at least I have a place for my guns. Well, there was quite a story, I've forgot the pin code, and the finger print was not setted, it was on a second or on the third day after I've bought this safe, of course I couldn't unlock it. I had to call a locksmith isleworth to unlock it. Gladly it took him nearly an hour to open it, still do not know how's that even possible but, the door was opened, the key code was reseted and I finally installed a finger print recognition to open it via fingerprint
Wall safes are great. Put a copy of your marriage certificate, the deed to your house, and even a few titles for motor vehicles you haven't owned in years (they're all public record anyway) along with a couple hundred in cash and some costume jewelry. Put the stuff really worth keeping in a well concealed space; preferably in concrete.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"