DW735 Dewalt Planer Dust Collection
Hey guys, I found this adapter that I have really enjoyed. Its from a shop on Etsy and is the best solution I've found if you desire to use a shop vac. What work around have you guys used to get a hose attached to your planers?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1018187656/...nager_grid
I have a similar device attached to mine. You can find them at any of the big
box stores in the plumbing aisles. And they won't cost you anywhere near that.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Almost all 3D printer-made fittings found on Etsy are costly because it is a slow making process. For $10 or so, you can find a plumbing solution to most dust adapters we need.

Simon
(11-17-2021, 09:55 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Almost all 3D printer-made fittings found on Etsy are costly because it is a slow making process. For $10 or so, you can find a plumbing solution to most dust adapters we need.

Simon

+1  I've found a properly sized Fernco style coupling can fill almost any, how to get from A to B, situation.
I think that was a spam post.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-17-2021, 11:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I think that was a spam post.
If it was indeed a spam, the OP should know by now that he or she wouldn't be successful in promoting or selling anything after the much more economical option was pointed out.
Laugh

Simon
Not a spam post at all just trying to share the best option I have found for the issue at hand. You wont find anything on your plumbing isle made for perfect discrepancies, cheaper and janky yes.

I do understand though that some guys prefer pretending to save money on the plumping isle. Mean while they use there money on parts, glue, fuel and most valuable there time. For something they probably still have a few rounds of duck tape on (which i have done!). I prefer something specifically made for the tool, so i can get to enjoying my hobby time.
If Stovedozer is some type of spammer you have to give hime kudos for monitoring his posts and responding to them. 
I don't agree with his premise that using items from the the local plumbing isle is "dinking around" but do like hearing another opinion however jaded by a person's own interests.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Found this very helpful adapting hose fittings.

https://youtu.be/qS20exGNPbg
(01-07-2022, 08:07 AM)Laid-Back Wrote: Found this very helpful adapting hose fittings.

https://youtu.be/qS20exGNPbg

Yup.  Heat gun and a few minutes made several fittings for me.
Been using them so long now, I may have to spray paint them to
match!

Lol.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me