whatchmacallit
In a box of miscellaneous tools, I found these. Can anyone educate me on the correct label and use of these "?"

Thanks! Eric

Attached Files Image(s)

Eric Bruns
Licensed Psychologist
Aspiring amateur woodworker
I'd say that they are some really old style bar clamps or homemade bar clamps. I've never seen anything exactly like those before.
They look like "shop-made" bar clamps but the bottom set has an extra piece on the bar -- could it be to separate two pieces being clamped?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
So, the scale may seem off in the pictures. The little ones are about 1/2 inch and the big ones are about an inch. The longer bars about 18 inches.
Eric Bruns
Licensed Psychologist
Hobbyists bar clamps
Mini Brass Hobbyist H.S. Precision Bar clamp | Antique 2 Modern Auction House (arnoldauction.com)
Worked for an architect (long since passed) that had a set for miniature and model making.  Seem to recall he also made some pretty sweet doll houses
(11-02-2021, 03:31 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: They look like "shop-made" bar clamps but the bottom set has an extra piece on the bar -- could it be to separate two pieces being clamped?

Shop made for sure.  An easy pattern to make.  The 'extra' jaw is likely just to be a moveable jaw that is pushed by the screw.  The pipe looks like it could be solid steel about 5/8" in diameter.

They should work for some things.
Excellent - thanks - all that makes perfect sense based upon the types of things my friends dad loved to make. Got a ton of big clamps, pipe clamps, etc. but was stumped by these. Who needs Google when I have you guys on Woodnet!
Eric Bruns
Licensed Psychologist
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...ARBF&adurl=
(11-02-2021, 03:09 PM)EricBruns Wrote: In a box of miscellaneous tools, I found these. Can anyone educate me on the correct label and use of these "?"

Thanks! Eric

I've got about a dozen that look almost like copies of the small ones, they were purchased years ago, but right now I can't recall the name. They're not used all that often, but for small work they sure come in handy at times. Mine are made of brass.