Pocket Hole Screws in a wider board?
If I have some wider boards, say like a 1x6 or 1x8, how many screws should I use?  Is two screws still enough, spacing them about 1 1/4 from the sides?
I'm guessing you mean 2 screws across the 6" or 8" dimension....yep, that's enough for most things. Use three if you want.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Depends on the application. If there's any kind of significant load that would tend to separate the two boards being joined, you may need more screws. Kreg recommends a screw 2" from either end of the board, and additional screws placed 6-8" across the rest of the width.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
What are you attaching it to?  If it is a breadboard-like attachment, then seasonal expansion can be an issue.  The general recommendation is to fasten the middle 3 - 4 inches of the plank. 

Here is an article on the subject:  https://www.popularwoodworking.com/techn...rd-ends-2/

If you are attaching to plywood, MDF, particle board, etc,. where expansion is not an issue, then I would probably use 4 or 5 screws in order to keep things flat. 

But note, I only use pocket screws for face frames as a rule.  I use dowels and biscuits otherwise.  So I might not be the best source for this information.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Please turn in your WW Card at the next depot!!!

Pocket hole screws instead of M&T joints?  That's blasphemy!!!!!!
Dumber than I appear
(11-03-2021, 09:27 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Please turn in your WW Card at the next depot!!!

MDF stiles for wainscoting, and not really under a load.  Wider because next to a wall, and a window on the other side.  Obviously, not enough space for a panel there.  I'll probably use three screws for the six inch board, and four screws for the 8 inch.
(11-03-2021, 09:27 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Please turn in your WW Card at the next depot!!!

Nah....IMHO pocket holes screws perfectly fine as long as they don't show. Especially for wainscot, cabinet face frames, etc.  Fast and strong (enough).
Pocket screws in MDF - not the greatest idea. Don't use an impact driver!!

For wainscott all you need are biscuits and glue.

BTW I've made "faux" wainscotting by applying 3/8 MDF "rails" and "stiles" to 1/4 MDF panels you can route a profile on the edges if you want. Looks like the real thing and panel is flush against wall.
I've been doing this for awhile.  Never had a problem with using an impact driver in 3/4" MDF. I always glue the joints, as well.