So I Decided to Build a Bed: COMPLETED !!!
Sorry, not a traditional build post here: just don't have it in me this time. Anyway, decided to change it up a little and build a "Shaker Inspired" bed
Big Grin

A few shots of the progress so far. I was forming the offset tenon on the end one of the side rails this morning. I will probably post more details on the headboard joinery as work progresses. Stay tuned for more exciting developments!

[Image: IMG-3129.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3130.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3131.jpg]

The fourth picture was unintentional, but having pic posting issues today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Philip,  looks nice to me,  I love the look of cherry,  especially as it ages.
Nice work and setup
Smile
Thanks gents!

Cut the mortise in the front post for the side rail and got a righteous fit between mortise and tenon! Some pics of mortises and tenons for headboard. More to come!

[Image: IMG-3132.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3133.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3134.jpg]
First bed bolt is in: the rest should be a cake walk (he says naively).

[Image: IMG-3135.jpg]
Hi Phil,

That is a nice bed. I love to see pic from your shop esp. the view!

Cheers
Pedder
(11-08-2021, 12:32 AM)Pedder Wrote: Hi Phil,

That is a nice bed. I love to see pic from your shop esp. the view!

Cheers
Pedder

Pedder: Thanks! Its particularly enjoyable when the local family of black bears comes lumbering by. Phil

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice bed, but the bear pic is even better!

No slight to the bed intended.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(11-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Martin S. Wrote: Nice bed, but the bear pic is even better!

No slight to the bed intended.

OK, so the real interest in in wildlife: The buck stopped here:

[Image: IMG-3141.jpg]
(11-11-2021, 09:34 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: OK, so the real interest in in wildlife: The buck stopped here:

[Image: IMG-3141.jpg]

That is a very unique rack. Nice progress on the head board as well.