Real Deal for someone
This may be a long shot but I am hoping some Woodnetter will jump on it.  I am offering a pair of much-prized and rare Bozak B302A Century speakers to anyone interested in a combined woodworking and audio project for the winter.

I bought these in 1971 at a stereo shop in Maryland - they have a built date of November 1970 so have the improved midrange/tweeter cones.  The walnut veneer cabinets are in pretty good shape - only some touchup needed.  I had grand plans to build a tower-style cabinet for these and move the tweeters up higher (lots of ideas on the internet), but that never did and never will happen.  And they need to go out the door as part of general downsizing.

The crossovers definitely need to be re-capped, which is a simple matter to replace the old paper caps with modern ones as specified by one Pat Tobin (google Pat Tobin Bozak mods).  Rudy Bozak designed them to be tweaked for a specific set of speakers and cabinets, so the inductors have taps, for example, and Tobin had ideas about that too.  They are fairly efficient, right now being driven by a cheap boombox.  10 watts will drive them to thunderous volume.

PM me if you or anyone you know would like these. I will swap for a couple tall Woodnet tales and a couple other "Tall Ones".  I am in SE PA about 30 miles West of Philadelphia.  Pickup only - these are roughly 2X2X2 cubes and weigh 85 lbs. each!
(11-07-2021, 04:10 PM)GaryMc Wrote: This may be a long shot but I am hoping some Woodnetter will jump on it.  I am offering a pair of much-prized and rare Bozak B302A Century speakers to anyone interested in a combined woodworking and audio project for the winter.

I bought these in 1971 at a stereo shop in Maryland - they have a built date of November 1970 so have the improved midrange/tweeter cones.  The walnut veneer cabinets are in pretty good shape - only some touchup needed.  I had grand plans to build a tower-style cabinet for these and move the tweeters up higher (lots of ideas on the internet), but that never did and never will happen.  And they need to go out the door as part of general downsizing.

The crossovers definitely need to be re-capped, which is a simple matter to replace the old paper caps with modern ones as specified by one Pat Tobin (google Pat Tobin Bozak mods).  Rudy Bozak designed them to be tweaked for a specific set of speakers and cabinets, so the inductors have taps, for example, and Tobin had ideas about that too.  They are fairly efficient, right now being driven by a cheap boombox.  10 watts will drive them to thunderous volume.

PM me if you or anyone you know would like these. I will swap for a couple tall Woodnet tales and a couple other "Tall Ones".  I am in SE PA about 30 miles West of Philadelphia.  Pickup only - these are roughly 2X2X2 cubes and weigh 85 lbs. each!

No interest?  If not, I am about ready to go to Plan B for these.  FYI, Ebay shows $850 for a set of these in worse condition if anyone wants to go that route (I do not).
PM sent,
Thanks
Brian
(11-11-2021, 07:32 AM)brianwelch Wrote: PM sent,
Thanks
Brian

Brian - PM sent back at you.
GaryMc
(11-10-2021, 09:40 PM)GaryMc Wrote: No interest?  If not, I am about ready to go to Plan B for these.  FYI, Ebay shows $850 for a set of these in worse condition if anyone wants to go that route (I do not).

The Bozaks have been promised - if it does not work out I will let everyone know.  Thanks for all the look-sees and interest.

GaryMc
(11-12-2021, 10:07 AM)GaryMc Wrote: The Bozaks have been promised - if it does not work out I will let everyone know.  Thanks for all the look-sees and interest.

GaryMc

Gary,
Just sent a PM.
All good.
Thanks
Brian