Finished table with marble top
Remember a while back I asked how to attach a piece of stone to a wood table?  The consensus was to use silicone and "glue" it down.  Well, I did that and here's the finished table.   Not sure I'd use that slab of stone on top of a cherry side table, but hey, I'm not the one who'll be paying me 
Sad

It is all solid cherry, except for the drawer sides and back, which are maple.

The shelf is not attached to the legs.  It just sits in those pockets to allow for seasonal movement.  Enjoy!

(in walking by it while I was working on something else, the drawer side almost has some figuring to it, which doesn't show up too well in the picture).

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Wow, that came out great.
Looks good.  I agree that the stone is an odd match with cherry, but my design skills are crap and different people have different tastes.
Smile

Mark

Wow, another beautiful project in cherry.  Well done.  I can see using a stone top if it's going to have liquor bottles or something similar stored on it.  

John
Very nice workmanship. Are the DTs hand cut or do you use a jig?

Jim
Jim
(11-09-2021, 09:36 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Very nice workmanship. Are the DTs hand cut or do you use a jig?

Jim

I wish I could say they were hand cut, but they weren't.  I have the PC Omni-Jig for DTs.  It is a pain to get dialed in, but once it is, you can cut a drawer in 5 minutes.

(I've often contemplating getting another router so that the DT bit stays in my original router....would save tremendously on the set up time).
Dumber than I appear
(11-09-2021, 09:52 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: I wish I could say they were hand cut, but they weren't.  I have the PC Omni-Jig for DTs.  It is a pain to get dialed in, but once it is, you can cut a drawer in 5 minutes.

(I've often contemplating getting another router so that the DT bit stays in my original router....would save tremendously on the set up time).

Over the years I've had a Leigh jig (twice) but decided to sell and do them by hand. The only problem with that is I don't do enough of the DTs to really get proficient with them.

Jim
Jim
Well done.............
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020