How do you shingle the peak with architectural shingles?
Great reply by Splinter, Ridge is very important area as wind ,ice and rain will search there for weakness.
Ridge Shingles are great to work with and do the job so as OP won’t be going back up there for a repair.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
(11-09-2021, 08:27 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: The ridge shingles are made to break apart into thirds cleanly.  They have straight edges and are flexible just for forming over your ridge.  they also have a full strip of adhesive just where its needed. The grit is new and not worn off like a used shingle and there are no damage from used three tabs. You probably only need a bundle.   If you're that cheap its nothing to brag about.

Yeah, I'll buy a bundle of ridge shingles tonight.
Dumber than I appear
(11-08-2021, 11:09 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: They sell matching ridge shingles for most types of architectural shingles.

This
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(11-09-2021, 08:23 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: This

Yes, I bought a bundle of 3 tab Desert Tan shingles.  The tabs will form my ridge.  Should wrap it up on Saturday.
Dumber than I appear
A bundle (1/3 square) of  "three tab" or hip and ridge shingles will do about 33' of ridge. The "three tab" will not have the same warranty, and they do show signs of deterioration sooner than the architectural fields. Perhaps some of it due to the ridge vents concentrated heat and the ability to dry out from both sides. In some applications manufactures recommend placing caps in pairs, offset by an inch or so. This looks good with architectural shingles.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"