Flinging horse poop
Tongue    
Yard of my new house has zero organic content and I'd like to have some grass so the dog can play/take care of business without supervision.

Found a guy selling composted horse manure and bought some -- loaded my 16' tandem trailer and my pickup.

So now I've got to have more fun than one old man can stand as I spread it on the ground, then rent the 4' tiller for my tractor and just
Rolleyes

Good news is it's dry and fairly light, bad news is I still don't like using a shovel.  Grew up on irrigation farm and did more digging than I care to remember
Laugh

I better get some good grass out of this!!!!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
  Re: Flinging horse poop by Wild Turkey (Yard of my new house...)
I think you may get more weeds then grass
As long as it's green LOML won't complain
Laugh 
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Wink    Re: RE: Flinging horse poop by Wild Turkey (As long as it's gree...)
(11-09-2021, 02:12 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: As long as it's green LOML won't complain
Laugh 
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

What you need now is a manure spreader and a tractor to pull it.   The tractor should have a loader so you don't have to shovel it.   More toys 
Winkgrin   Roly
OK I'll be the first to say it; This has to be the crappiest post ever. Ha Ha  I hope it works
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
try mixing some biochar in there too...really holds the nutrients well.

Couple of products to consider:

https://mirimichigreen.com/products/carb...-enhancer/

https://ambiochar.com/products/#VitalBlend
Go to the local farm coop or whatever is close and tell them what you have. They can custom blend a small batch of fertilizer for fall application. You can get dry mix or liquid. My local coop does the liquid for me. Some times I wonder why I do it  because then I have to mow more. I also get their stuff for my garden. It is a lot cheaper than buying the ready mixed from the borg's.
When I was young and full of p8ss and vinegar, I worked on my father in law's farm during summers when in graduate school, and the first summer he got 3 tandem dump truck loads of composted chicken manure; had then dumped in a field, and sent me out there to spread it. Nasty job, took me 3 full days. I never forgave him for that...... but he was a good egg.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
  Re: RE: Flinging horse poop by TheCabinetmaker (OK I'll be the first...)
(11-09-2021, 03:38 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: OK I'll be the first to say it; This has to be the crappiest post ever. Ha Ha  I hope it works

Now that's the woodnet I enjoyed in days past
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Cows/etc. digest everything (organic) they eat. Horses do not. Using horse manure is tantamount to seeding a lawn like a pasture.