used bandsaw
I'm looking at a mini max 18 in. s45 bandsaw.  in good shape  about 5 years old that said  does anyone know anything about this saw. 700.00 is what he wants for it, thanks
I know nothing about that BS, but $700 seems like a great price.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(11-14-2021, 08:40 PM)Robert Wilson Wrote: I'm looking at a mini max 18 in. s45 bandsaw.  in good shape  about 5 years old that said  does anyone know anything about this saw. 700.00 is what he wants for it, thanks

From SoloWoodworker.  From a seller:  Link

If the one you are looking at is in good shape that would be a great price; there's nothing new you could buy at that price that would come close.  If it meets your need you should get on it because it likely will sell quickly. 

John
(11-14-2021, 08:40 PM)Robert Wilson Wrote: I'm looking at a mini max 18 in. s45 bandsaw.  in good shape  about 5 years old that said  does anyone know anything about this saw. 700.00 is what he wants for it, thanks

I know nothing about European equipment beyond what I've read here and elsewhere. Can you see it run? One topic that comes up re European/Italian machines is electrical issues -  interlocks and things like that. Presumably the motor is 230+- volts. I'd make sure it isn't 3 phase (unless you're set up for it) and that it's not 50 Hz. vs. more common N. American 60 Hz. You might be able to address 3 phase/ 50Hz vs 60 Hz with a VFD and it might be worth the hassle. I wouldn't slam the door on it, just be sure what you're getting into.
I agree with the others. That’s a great price if it’s in good working order. A used 14” cast iron Delta or Jet would cost that and possibly more on the used market around here.

I have that band saw and it is a great saw for the money being asked for it.

You do have to remove the table to adjust the lower guides. But it is 4 metric Allen head cap screws and it takes less than a minute to remove or but back on.

I do not know how well the European guides work  So I can't say one way or the other. I replaced then with Carter ball bearing guides. Carter says they fit the saw but the bottom guides so not even come close. I had to make the lower block holder I am just saying this to save you some time and money because Carters replacement guides for the saw do not even come close. 

The upper assembly fits fine and pictured is my lower assembly. 

I keep a 1/4 inch blade on the saw. I have another 17 inch saw with a resaw blade on it. And I used the angled  bar pictured on the saw on the saw and made my own fence for it.

Hopefully I have saved you some money thinking you can replace the guides with something else. And is it worth the money verses what you will pay otherwise? I think yes

If you have any other questions PM me.

Tom
Wink 
Mine is 220 single phase and most saws sold here in the US are 60 cycles but it is worth looking at the name plate to make sure.

Tom
(11-23-2021, 11:44 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: Mine is 220 single phase and most saws sold here in the US are 60 cycles but it is worth looking at the name plate to make sure.

Tom

It’s a steal for a 5yr old model. 

It’s just ok for an old version like Tom pictured. There’s an even older version that was pale mustArd colored before Tom’s. 

The old ones had a penchant for the switches going bad.
Any decision on this one?

Doug
yes I got the saw, and so far I love it , has 1/4 blade on it and cuts  great