Supermax Drum Sander
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 16-32. Are the infeed/outfeed tables worth it? What are your favorite grits for general use?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
My advice on the tables is to try it without them, then buy them later if you think they are needed. I have the 19/38 (proceeded by a Delta 18/36) and have never had the tables....to be honest there has been a few times I wished I had them, but I've been able to make do with roller stands or something.  If you're doing mostly shorter items like cutting boards you probably won't need them. But for grits, I never run anything more coarse than 150, and more often it's 120. My experience with the finer grits has been terrible. They clog, and then burn so easily I would sometimes ruin a belt in 2-3 passes. Si i gave up on them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I had the Ryobi drum sander, also without the extension tables.  The platform of the sander itself is pretty large. I never felt like I was missing anything.
I'll be the voice of dissention, I have the tables on my 16-32 and frankly would be lost without them.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(11-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: I'll be the voice of dissention, I have the tables on my 16-32 and frankly would be lost without them.

Ditto.  I almost can't imagine using mine without.  Might be money ahead to make your own instead of buying theirs.
"Ditto. I almost can't imagine using mine without. Might be money ahead to make your own instead of buying theirs."

There's a thought. Ill have to see how it's all put together. I'd be lost without the tables on my Dewalt 735.

A 19-38 popped up on FB Marketplace this morning. Crossing my fingers I contacted him early enough. It's a couple hours away, but would be worth the drive for the price.
I’ve had my 16/32 for probably 5 years or more now. The outfeed tables are still in the box.
-Marc

"I’ve had my 16/32 for probably 5 years or more now. The outfeed tables are still in the box."

Is there such a thing as "snipe" on a drum sander? Do you just use roller stands for longer items?
I've had snipe on occasion, but it's not hard to control. I do use roller stands when I have long pieces, which also isn't that often. With the Supermax, the table is stationary, so the stands don't need adjusting when you adjust the depth of cut. My Delta wasn't like that, the table moved up/down, so the stands had to be adjusted a few times while you changed the dept of cut....not much, since you only advance less than a 64th at a time, but maybe after 3 passes, you needed to adjust.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Even with short boards it's really nice to have the extensions. I can sand a lot more boards quicker with them. It give me time to be both the "feeder, and the "outfeeder handler".