Router table upgrade ideas
(11-23-2021, 10:14 AM)jeffss Wrote: I'm rethinking redoing the saw table wing. I freed up some floor space so I may go with a router table. Since the lift will come with a plate I will leave what I have alone. No fence for that set up. I have a Mast R Lift II coming and looking at the Infinity fence for my new setup. Now you have me thinking new router.

You will enjoy using the Mast-R-Lift II. You might want to take a look at the /6/]Incra Fence for the new setup. Very flexible and if you decided to add an LS Positioner later it would be easy. Don't know what you're doing for the router table top but Incra's tops are very nice and the new lift will drop right in - just a thought.

Good luck with the new setup!

Doug
Free video and plans on my website for a full sized, folding router table. By far my most popular project. 
https://www.woodcademy.com/season2/router-table

It features an aluminum fence system based on Rockler’s Multi-Track which may be useful for your table build.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Ended up with a JessEm lift, Woodpecker fence, home made top, and treated myself to a sled.  Base build coming next.  thanks all

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-04-2021, 09:42 PM)jeffss Wrote: Ended up with a JessEm lift, Woodpecker fence, home made top, and treated myself to a sled.  Base build coming next.  thanks all
I'm starting from scratch. Which router are you going to end up using in your table ?
(12-06-2021, 09:53 PM)Skiathos Wrote: I'm starting from scratch. Which router are you going to end up using in your table ?

Going to start with the dewalt 618 . I like the one wrench bit changing. Its the biggest I have. From what I am reading I should step up to a 3+HP for better results.
(11-16-2021, 12:16 PM)jeffss Wrote: So I really wanted a shaper with a power feeder. Just don't use it enough. Going to sell and upgrade my router set up. My only limitation is my router is mounted on my table saw extension table. My budget is $800. Would like a lift and quality fence. 
 My routers are 
PC 690, (2)
Dewalt DW618,
Freud FT 1700VCE
Bosch 1617 EVS. 

Ideas?

Here's what I did. Sawstop CI router tops, jessem lifts, Kreg stand, rockler dust boxes, 80/20 track fences (yet to be completed). I'm sure I've got more than $800 in this but just to give you some ideas.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27997]
I really like being able to change bits, and adjust height from above table. 7 years ago I bought a Freud 1700 router with above table change and adjust. Had them send me waranty replacement parts 5 times! After waranty speed control died. Bypassed it.
What routers are avail that have above table bit changes and height adjustments, for when this one totaly dies?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer