Let There Be Light: POSTSCRIPT
I built this cabinet from a Christian Becksvoort design a few years ago, and at the time I had planned on installing some interior lighting, but I just never got around to it. Today, I got around to it. Hafele LED lights, warm white (2700K). Transformer and all associated wiring is attached to the underside of the cabinet. It hurt to drill holes in the cabinet to install the wiring, but I think it was worth the pain.

[Image: IMG-3143.jpg]
Gorgeous cabinet!  Lighting shows the figure in the shelves.  Now you have to leave the shelves empty.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(11-20-2021, 04:59 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Gorgeous cabinet!  Lighting shows the figure in the shelves.  Now you have to leave the shelves empty.

Thanks! Well as you can see, a small cow already got in there. I expect more knickknacks will follow. The light really dose make a huge difference in showing off the grain.
Phillip, the cabinet is great but the lighting works too well! It shows up the seam between the doors. Now you will need to add a rebate so that the doors close to block backlighting. Add a tongue to one side and rebate the other. That will finish off a wonderful piece of work.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Was the gap also part of CB's design?

Even without lights, I wouldn't leave an open slit like that for dust prevention reason.

On the other hand, trying putting the items you want displayed in the cabinet first, before finding out if what Derek suggested is really needed.

Simon
A classic example of one man's mistake being another man's design feature
Big Grin
Agree that the doors needed a rebate due to the backlighting. You can tack on a little moulding on one door (inside edge) and she'll be perfect. Or, once the shelves are loaded it might be/should be less noticeable. Rabbeted doors also cut down on dust accumulation in the cabinet.
I really like the cabinet. And I don't like to have to open one dore to open the other.

Cheers
Pedder
Wow! a really tough room here.  

Phillip's stuff is consistently my favorite.
(11-21-2021, 09:08 AM)Pedder Wrote: I really like the cabinet. And I don't like to have to open one dore to open the other.

Cheers
Pedder

Precisely!!! And of course, Pedder was the one to catch this! Wunderbar!