Indirect food contact - Termite treated woods
Bought some slabs and the seller said they were treated with some sort of termite spray but didn’t have any other details. I was planning on perhaps making a coffee table or bar top out of them. Which means some indirect food contact. Is it safe to do this? Anything I should do to minimize any problems?
I'm assuming you'd put some sort of finish on the surface, so I think you'll be safe. I would wear a mask while milling or sanding the stuff, though. If you're still concerned, you may want to either pressure wash the lumber or scrub it with some soap and water before cutting.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I think Allen's precautions would be good...it's about the only thing I can think of.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Probably borate.

+17
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Thanks guys. Not too concerned about working too much I’ll wear the necessary safety gear. Just worried about when its actually in use. I was planning on using a coat of osmo. Is there anything else to add before or after that?