Do these 16x32 plans look reasonable?
Wink 
I am thinking about a new shop.  I really like the slant roofed shed typed with the row of windows at the top of the wall.  My question is, do the plans (even though for a 16x24) look reasonable?  I have never built with a cut list and plans before.   I don't have any city or county restrictions.  

https://myoutdoorplans.com/shed/16x24-le...oof-plans/
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
I'm not real sure what you mean by "reasonable". They certainly look adequate for that type of shed.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-26-2021, 11:30 PM)Scott W Wrote: I am thinking about a new shop.  I really like the slant roofed shed typed with the row of windows at the top of the wall.  My question is, do the plans (even though for a 16x24) look reasonable?  I have never built with a cut list and plans before.   I don't have any city or county restrictions.  

Where in the USA is this to be constructed? 2x10 fro roof rafters near maximum span with minimal snow load.

Greg
(11-27-2021, 07:50 AM)Oldwood2409 Wrote: Where in the USA is this to be constructed? 2x10 fro roof rafters near maximum span with minimal snow load.

Greg

OP's location in his flair says Concord NC; just north of Charlotte.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-26-2021, 11:30 PM)Scott W Wrote: I am thinking about a new shop.  I really like the slant roofed shed typed with the row of windows at the top of the wall.  My question is, do the plans (even though for a 16x24) look reasonable?  I have never built with a cut list and plans before.   I don't have any city or county restrictions.  

I'm no expert on roofs by any means. But a 10 X 24 certainly sounds big enough. For now. As time goes by you'll probably run out of room like I did. Build your roof so you can expand later on if you want to.

Just my personal opinion. FWIW

Jim
Jim
Too short on the low side for me. I had a lean too like that for a shop once.

I'd upgrade the roof to 2x12 and add a foot to all the walls.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Thanks...I was thinking about the highest wall to be 10ft and the short side 8 foot. 

I am in NC...not much snow. Every once in a while and it shuts down everything.  

My shop now is about the same foot print but my biggest complaint is the height. Just over 7 foot.  We are gonna move and it would be in the direction of Boone NC (which does get snow) but probably not close enough to matter. 
I am making all my plans now so I can hit the ground running when I get there.

So other then raising the height and maybe using 2x12 rafters does everything else look ok?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(11-27-2021, 10:49 AM)Scott W Wrote: Thanks...I was thinking about the highest wall to be 10ft and the short side 8 foot. 

I am in NC...not much snow. Every once in a while and it shuts down everything.  

My shop now is about the same foot print but my biggest complaint is the height. Just over 7 foot.  We are gonna move and it would be in the direction of Boone NC (which does get snow) but probably not close enough to matter. 
I am making all my plans now so I can hit the ground running when I get there.

So other then raising the height and maybe using 2x12 rafters does everything else look ok?

My dream shop had 10 foot ceiling all around. It made handling sheet goods a breeze and kept the duct work for my vac out of the way. It also provided great hanging space for all my jigs. Your 8 foot side needs to be 10 feet and while the back wall may be 12 - 14 feet I'm sure you can use that space for great storage. Good luck with the project.
I would go taller than 8’ on the low side.
Mine is 11’ which gives me room for transom Windows around the perimeter.
During the day, I can work with natural light and the lights are high enough to be out of the way of sheet goods and most boards I work with.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(11-27-2021, 01:24 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: I would go taller than 8’ on the low side.
Mine is 11’ which gives me room for transom Windows around the perimeter.
During the day, I can work with natural light and the lights are high enough to be out of the way of sheet goods and most boards I work with.

I agree with "Gary G" on a minimum height of 8 feet and the high wall being at least 11 feet. Based upon your location 2x12 will work very well, you could make the short direction a little linger as 2x12 @24 would provide a maximum span of 18 feet ( based upon American Wood Council span tables). If you plan on hanging material or other from the ceiling, then 16 inch spacing would work well.

Greg