Flex tools
This has got to be the worst tool rollout in history. I never see anyone looking at them. I never see a sale. I am yet to see the first tool in the wild. I suspect they will be gone and nobody will care.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(12-02-2021, 07:23 PM)messmaker Wrote: This has got to be the worst tool rollout in history. I never see anyone looking at them. I never see a sale. I am yet to see the first tool in the wild. I suspect they will be gone and nobody will care.

Do you hangout all day in a Lowe’s store?  

I’ve never actually seen anyone buy a DeWalt or Ryobi tool at the Depot either.  So what?  And they don’t have “sales” either really.  Promotions sure.   And if I’m launching a brand , I’m not going to discount right off the bat. There’s no future in doing that.  

FWIW - I’m assuming you’re talking about the battery powered lineup , because their grinders , polishers and vacs have been available in the U.S. for a long time and they don’t discount either - just like the other German brands  festOol, and Metabo.
I don't have any Flex tools and likely won't as they are a limited line of pro grade tools while I'm in for a massive line of lesser grade tools.

Flex cordless is a different line of tools then Flex grinders.  Maybe even different makers.

Flex cordless is made by Chevon which is one of the largest tool makers in the world.  I'm on the Chevon made Kobalt and Skil lines.  With which I'm very happy so I would assume Flex would also suit my addiction.
Vaping Bad.........
(12-04-2021, 11:09 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Do you hangout all day in a Lowe’s store?  

I’ve never actually seen anyone buy a DeWalt or Ryobi tool at the Depot either.  So what?  And they don’t have “sales” either really.  Promotions sure.   And if I’m launching a brand , I’m not going to discount right off the bat. There’s no future in doing that.  

FWIW - I’m assuming you’re talking about the battery powered lineup , because their grinders , polishers and vacs have been available in the U.S. for a long time and they don’t discount either - just like the other German brands  festOol, and Metabo.

It does seem like I am there about everyday. Every line in the contractor exit has someone with a Dewalt box in their hand. I think I just live in Dewalt country.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(12-05-2021, 12:22 PM)messmaker Wrote: It does seem like I am there about everyday. Every line in the contractor exit has someone with a Dewalt box in their hand. I think I just live in Dewalt country.

Dewalt is BY FAR the largest tool maker in the world.  They outsell #2 Milwaukee and #3 Makita combined.

So its very likely your seeing alot of Dewalt sold.

Everyone else is fighting over the scraps.
Vaping Bad.........
do you go with a new tool line that may or may not be around in time?  or may or maynot expand their tool line up?  or go with one of the existing tool brands that has a proven track record and an expansive line of tools.

I'm sticking with what I already have.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(12-05-2021, 07:07 PM)Sean® Wrote: Dewalt is BY FAR the largest tool maker in the world.  They outsell #2 Milwaukee and #3 Makita combined.

So its very likely your seeing alot of Dewalt sold.

Everyone else is fighting over the scraps.

Do you have a link to the data that lead you to this conclusion ?

It's difficult to gleen tool sales data of DeWalt since they're a subsidiary.   Makita is clearly third  but Milwuakee sells a lot of gear.
There are literally a thousand links.

Bosch is always on top because they don’t break sales down.

Milwaukee is also a subsidiary. They are a part of a Chinese company that makes Walmart brand (Hart) and Ruobi and about 30 other brands. Also Ridgid cordless but they do that as a side hustle they don’t own the brand.

Dewalt is a part of tool monster SB&D. They have so many brands it makes my head hurt. But dewalt alone sales are easy to find.

Chevon is a good sized company but way the the list from the big three.
Vaping Bad.........
(12-06-2021, 08:10 PM)Sean Wrote: Dewalt is a part of tool monster SB&D. They have so many brands it makes my head hurt. But dewalt alone sales are easy to find.

How bout helping a fella out ?  

I can’t find data which breaks down SBD’s DeWalt tool only sales.
seems to me that if you are going to introduce a new line of cordless tools, some promotional sales getting batteries in the hands of people is going to be necessary.  I have to admit I have no interest in their cordless tools.