This Week in the Shop
Recently I have added another dimension to my woodworking - resin casting. I really didn't know what I was getting into when I started and actually just wanted to do one small project - casting a fly fishing fly in resin to inlay into a musical instrument I was making. These 'small' projects have a way of growing...

If there is anyone else here with some experience with in resin casting I have a question about resins. I have been using Amazing Clear Cast from Alumilite. I guess I was expecting a plastic that was a little harder that what this is. But maybe that's just the way casting resin is or needs to be. Any suggestions or ideas or words of wisdom are much appreciated.

(12-03-2021, 06:54 PM)paulmon Wrote: Recently I have added another dimension to my woodworking - resin casting. I really didn't know what I was getting into when I started and actually just wanted to do one small project - casting a fly fishing fly in resin to inlay into a musical instrument I was making. These 'small' projects have a way of growing...

If there is anyone else here with some experience with in resin casting I have a question about resins. I have been using Amazing Clear Cast from Alumilite. I guess I was expecting a plastic that was a little harder that what this is. But maybe that's just the way casting resin is or needs to be. Any suggestions or ideas or words of wisdom are much appreciated.

I have to ask what happened to all your beekeeping and woodenware content?  I found it to be a great reference
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

We scaled back the number of hives we keep so I actually now have a lot of extra bee 'stuff'. The bee videos are still up, just doing other things in the shop. Mostly getting into musical instruments. Setting up for that has been slow going but hopefully I'll get the bugs worked out of everything and start actually making more of them.
(12-06-2021, 11:02 AM)paulmon Wrote: We scaled back the number of hives we keep so I actually now have a lot of extra bee 'stuff'. The bee videos are still up, just doing other things in the shop.  Mostly getting into musical instruments. Setting up for that has been slow going but hopefully I'll get the bugs worked out of everything and start actually making more of them.
found the videos  I was subscribed yet your channel didn't show up

Your situation with bees is how I have accumulated a whole lot of equipment.  People mostly getting out of it altogether
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.