Carlon removal?
If attic access isn’t available, how would you remove one of these

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/03...round.html

without destroying the surrounding drywall?

Would you just cut the plastic with an oscillator?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I cut out some metal ones using one of the limited access hacksaws (like this). I was able to get in and cut the nails, then the box came out (with a fight).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The nailers are above the box—it’s nailed in place before the ceiling is in—and the drywall was cut tight, just at the lip.
They don’t design these with an easy removal in mind.

I expect I’ll get my oscillator—it’s at the other house—and remove it next trip.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Push it up into the ceiling until the nails pull out. Might need to use a large dowel and hammer or some such thing. Then you can pull it through and pull the wires out.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(12-04-2021, 03:36 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Push it up into the ceiling until the nails pull out.  Might need to use a large dowel and hammer or some such thing.  Then you can pull it through and pull the wires out.

Like this    Roly
I use a hacksaw blade and cut around the box. You'll have to cut the plastic ears next to the box. It's a pain but really the only way. The hacksaw blade blows through the plastic. The hardest part is pulling out the tabs locking the conductor in so you can pull the box out.

Maybe you'll get lucky and discover it's a fan box and you can just unscrew it from inside the box. Happened to me this week. A pleasant surprise.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

IMHO, you could easily make a mess of things with a power tool.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Why do you need to remove it?  Could you just bypass it and drywall over it?

If I had to remove one I'd us a hole saw, cut the bottom out, then attack the sides.

Good luck
Winkgrin
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(12-04-2021, 09:23 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Why do you need to remove it?  Could you just bypass it and drywall over it?

If I had to remove one I'd us a hole saw, cut the bottom out, then attack the sides.

Good luck
Winkgrin

That's how I have done it.  You have to pay attention to where the wires are above it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Just did that a couple months ago. I pushed them up, then cut into pieces to remove.

It was a pain.
VH07V