Carlon removal?
I tried moving the box yesterday before posting.
I could not push it up out of my way nor pull it down with pliers.
It’ll have to be cut—and maybe chiseled.

I’m replacing an old track light with an LED and the Carlon is in my way.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-05-2021, 09:24 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: I tried moving the box yesterday before posting.
I could not push it up out of my way nor pull it down with pliers.
It’ll have to be cut—and maybe chiseled.

I’m replacing an old track light with an LED and the Carlon is in my way.

Just use a hacksaw blade and be done with it. Don't over-complicate it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I have used an oscillating saw on both round and square boxes to cut them out. You can slip the saw up between the drywall and the box. If the drywall is tight, just use the saw to cut enough out to get the blade up there. It won't take much and any box cover plate will cover the gap. Alternatively cut the box into pieces since you're removing it anyway. Just be careful of the wires.

I would use a jab-saw, a hand drywall saw.  The video is short and helpful.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-Ra...42#overlay
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-08-2021, 12:13 PM)Cooler Wrote: I would use a jab-saw, a hand drywall saw.  The video is short and helpful.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-Ra...42#overlay

You need something with finer teeth than that.  it will be hard to use that.  if you're doing it by hand a hacksaw blade is better.   As I said earlier I have done it several times with an oscillating saw.  a small sawzall with a metal blade would also work.

(12-08-2021, 02:17 PM)crokett™ Wrote: You need something with finer teeth than that.  it will be hard to use that.  if you're doing it by hand a hacksaw blade is better.   As I said earlier I have done it several times with an oscillating saw.  a small sawzall with a metal blade would also work.
Or a jigsaw, which would be easier to control.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

Use something like this. You can install a variety of blades.
VH07V  
(12-08-2021, 03:14 PM)Cooler Wrote: Or a jigsaw, which would be easier to control.

I find the Porter Cable oscillator easy to control with great accuracy.
It’s my go to for this type of close quarter cutting.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-05-2021, 09:24 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: I’m replacing an old track light with an LED and the Carlon is in my way.

I might be doing this soon.  I just don't like the LEDs that are in the jboxes now. 

I have always brute force beat the old box back enough to expose a gap so I can use a crow bar to pry the box away from the framing.  Usually I use the box to pull the nails, but I have also cut the nails.