stovetop with melted plastic
My glass stove top advised against using scrapers that were not plastic. 

Mine is an induction stove top and it does not get hot enough to melt most plastics.  But I have some plastic razor blades in the house.  So if it came up I would use them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082P7...UTF8&psc=1

They are handy to keep around.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
the lid is polypropylene. It needs to be warmed up to about 260 F to melt. Turn on the element for 30 seconds, shut element off, scrape. Repeat. Might take 2 or 3 times to clean sufficiently to be acceptably clean.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
(12-09-2021, 03:57 PM)MGoBlue1984 Wrote: the lid is polypropylene.  It needs to be warmed up to about 260 F to melt. Turn on the element for 30 seconds, shut element off, scrape.  Repeat.  Might take 2 or 3 times to clean sufficiently to be acceptably clean.

It probably softens at that temperature, but it melts at 320.  "Melt" means turn to liquid and that might be too hot.  So I agree that a more moderate temperature is a better starting point.

Polypropylene, also known as polypropene, is a thermoplastic polymer used in a wide variety of applications. It is produced via chain-growth polymerization from the monomer propylene. Polypropylene belongs to the group of polyolefins and is partially crystalline and non-polar. Wikipedia

Melting point: 320°F (160°C)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yeah, I suggested a temperature near the Vicat softening temperature.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008