Fed up with my Grizzly G0656 jointer. Asking for help
OK, so I spent roughly 4 hours working shims in and out on the outfeed table.  The straight edge and feeler gages told the story.   The infeed and outfeed were not coplaner.  Now if I can get the darn fence to stay to stay square.
Wayne, glad you got that accomplished.  I just looked at the current website, and your jointer uses a fence assembly that is similar to the one on my old Powermatic -though the photo doesn't show it in much detail.  The website photo shows one bar going to the top of the fence - that is the one that moves in and out, and a longer bar a little lower that attaches halfway down the fence, and is attached at the right and left side.  As long as each of the pivot points is fairly snug, the angle of the fence should not change unless the bar at the top moves .  Have you checked each of those fittings for wiggling?   On mine, once I got it set for 90 degrees  ( I tested with a long thick piece of stock run through the jointer held up against the fence and checked the results ) I never changed the angle because I found it too  hard to get it back to 90.
(12-10-2021, 08:48 PM)Originally I found those points lose and tightened them.  This was huge for me and really fixed the largest amount of change I was seeing with each pass.  Theres still movement though.  I verified those points again this past week and all was tight.   Sooooo  frustrating.  What I think Im seeing now is that the fence can be lifted when tight.  Its then when the change happens.barryvabeach Wrote: Wayne, glad you got that accomplished.  I just looked at the current website, and your jointer uses a fence assembly that is similar to the one on my old Powermatic -though the photo doesn't show it in much detail.  The website photo shows one bar going to the top of the fence - that is the one that moves in and out, and a longer bar a little lower that attaches halfway down the fence, and is attached at the right and left side.  As long as each of the pivot points is fairly snug, the angle of the fence should not change unless the bar at the top moves .  Have you checked each of those fittings for wiggling?   On mine, once I got it set for 90 degrees  ( I tested with a long thick piece of stock run through the jointer held up against the fence and checked the results ) I never changed the angle because I found it too  hard to get it back to 90.